Hello! If you’ve joined us from our May Edition of Free Friday then welcome!
We know that all businesses have to watch budgets and costs, but as a small business you can be constantly squeezed on your marketing spend. Then there’s choosing what to actually spend the marketing money on! Our new top tips suggest ways you can market your business without spending a penny!
As with all marketing activity, stay focused on what you’re (realistically) looking to get out of your promotion and monitor results to see what’s worked for you. If you need help with your marketing get in touch! We can help you build these few tips for your own business – with no contract- just simple business support.
So, on with the tips…
- Develop a social media presence and actively engage! Social Media is not to be underestimated. Not only is everyone using it, it’s free! This is a free marketing opportunity that you need to consider, because it’s a fantastic way to tap into the largest source of new customers. Remember to engage and trust us, you’ll get noticed. Building strong brand recognition can only strengthen your business and it’s credentials. We recommend taking part in Twitter ‘hours’ as this can help you broaden your target client base. For a list of Twitter ‘hours’ drop us an email
- Give it up. Your time that is. No matter how little time you think you have, there’s always time to give. Offering to share your knowledge, products or services with others that need or crave it is an opportunity to grow – as a person and a business. That’s called PR.
- Claim your online listings. This is a quick and easy way to solidify your online presence. Just by claiming your business on review sites and Google Places, for example, you’re letting people know where you’re located and that, yes, you are actually a real business. There’s lots of free online business directories you can sign up for; can we point you in the right direction? For a list of free business directories drop us an email
- Develop your testimonials. Customers listen most to other customers opinions. Take the time to find out how you’re performing with your customers and take their happiness to a testimonial page. You can also use these quotes on future marketing material if you wish. This is also a great opportunity to get some feedback and even improve your service/products further.
- Write and submit press releases. Think new products and services, volunteerism, charitable donations, local events, etc. You can transform internal news into external publicity by getting your press releases published and distributed online. Save money and write your own press release, submitting them to local newspapers and magazines etc.
- Attend free events. Check out any local opportunities to meet new people. Search for groups that discuss topics of interest to you, weekly networking events, book clubs, etc. Any chance to meet interesting people in your field (and even outside of it) and again, handing out your business cards is a good thing. Most business networking groups offer your first event for free so there’s really nothing to lose!
- Brand yourself. Wear your company on your sleeve… literally! Develop a consistent approach to your brand by aligning your social media imagery, email signatures and stationary, etc. This will project a professional image for your business and will help your clients recognise your brand anywhere.
- Always keep them handy! Don’t walk out of the door without your business cards – you never know when you’ll bump into someone who could use your help.
- Show your expertise. Start a blog. Blogs are a perfect way of keeping your website fresh and updated with lots of relevant information. Written well, they can also prove your expertise in your field and shows your existing and potential clients what other products & services you offer. Blogging is also a great tool to improve your SEO!
- Offer a complimentary meeting. Giving your existing and potential clients some of your time is more valuable than you think. If someone doesn’t feel obligated by their first phone call or visit, they’re more likely to call you and enlist your services when they may need you in the future. Offering your knowledge and expertise for free truly shows the value of your business and highlights super customer service!
Marketing really can be the most exciting and fun part of business. Be creative and give your brand an identity and personality. Think about what sets your business apart from the competition and tell us all about it!
If you have any questions or need any assistance with implementing any of the above to improve your marketing, give us a call! We promise a very friendly voice and a quick response via email! Not to mention we offer a FREE initial consultation (with coffee & cake too, of course)! We look forward to chatting with you soon.
You can check out all of our services here.
Charlotte & Victoria
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- November 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015